Mario Alcantara, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Dr. Mario Alcantara is a native of South Texas and is married to a family practice physician who also practices in the San Antonio area. Dr. Alcantara is board certified in general and colorectal surgery and his surgical interests include inflammatory and infectious bowel disease, colon and rectal cancer, benign anal disease, and minimally invasive surgery. In fact, he sub-specialized in minimally invasive laparoscopy during fellowship training. He is also a surgeon treating complex cases in both Colorectal and General Surgery throughout South Texas.
- Fellowship – Colon and Rectal Surgery, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
- Residency – Suma Health System, Ohio
- Internship – General Surgery, Westchester Medical Center, New York
- Medical School – Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (Mexico)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons