Seema Izfar, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Dr. Izfar is board certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. She specializes in minimally invasive surgery such as laparoscopic and robotic surgery and TAMIS (transanal minimally invasive surgery), and performs the majority of her surgeries in this manner. Dr. Izfar has a special interest in treatment of colorectal cancers, inflammatory bowel disease, and pelvic floor disorders, such as fecal incontinence and rectal prolapse. Dr. Izfar also specializes in minimally invasive treatment of hemorrhoids.
Highly educated and trained in colon and rectal surgery, Dr. Seema Izfar also is a published researcher. A native of Texas and board certified in general surgery and colorectal surgery, Dr. Izfar was the first surgeon in San Antonio trained in Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery, an advanced surgical technique to remove benign and early stage tumors of the rectum.
- Fellowship - Colon and Rectal Surgery, Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL
- Chief Resident - General Surgery Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, CA
- Residency/Internship - General Surgery, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Santa Barbara, CA
- Medical School - University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Dallas, TX
- College - Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- American Board of Surgery - Diplomate
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery - Diplomate
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Society of Gatsrointestinal and Edoscopic Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association